Statistical Reporting Requirements for Investment Funds and the Procedure for the Submission of Reports
Passed 01.02.2017 Annex 3
This Decree is established on the basis of subsection 34 (1) of the Eesti Pank Act.
Chapter 1 General Provisions
§ 1. Scope of the Decree
This Decree establishes the requirements relating to the form and content of statistical reporting by investment funds and the procedure for submitting the reports to Eesti Pank.
§ 2. Application of the Decree
The provisions of this Decree apply to managers of non-public investment funds and to non-public funds founded as public limited companies (non-public public limited funds).
Chapter 2 Reports, Reporting Principles and Submission of Reports
§ 3. Reports
A fund manager and a public limited fund shall compile the following reports on non- public funds:
1) report on the fund’s investments in accordance with Annex 1 to this Decree;
2) report on the fund’s liabilities, fees and distributions in accordance with Annex 2 to this Decree;
3) report on the fund’s units or shares in accordance with Annex 3 to this Decree.
§ 4. Reporting principles
(1) The fund’s reports are compiled in monetary terms.
(2) The reports are based on the concepts defined in the following legal acts:
1) for concepts relating to clients and issuers: Section 4 of Minister of Finance Decree No 40 of 28 November 2008 ‘The contents, methods of preparing and procedure for the submission of reports of investment firms, parent undertakings of investment firms and branches of foreign investment firms’
2) for concepts relating to residency: Section 9 of Eesti Pank Governor’s Decree No 7 of 29 May 2014 ‘Establishment of supplementary reports on credit institutions’ balance sheet’.
§ 5. Reporting period and deadlines for submission of reports
(1) The reporting period for the reports provided for in Section 3 of this Decree is one month.
(2) For non-public public limited funds, the reporting period for the report specified in Annex 3 to this Decree is one quarter.
(3) The reports are submitted by the fifteenth day of the month following the end of the reporting period.
(4) If the due date for the submission of a report falls on a day off, the report shall be submitted on the first working day following the day off.
§ 6. Submission of reports
(1) The reports are submitted to Eesti Pank electronically in the XML (eXtensible Markup Language) format as provided for by Eesti Pank Governor's Decree No 9 of 9 December 2011 'Requirements for submission of reports formatted as XML documents'.
(2) The following reporting codes are used:
1) report on the fund’s investments: code 580;
2) report on the fund’s liabilities, fees and distributions: code 581;
3) report on the fund’s units or shares: code 582.
(3) Values with identical identifiers shall be presented in a single reporting row.
(4) In case errors are detected or the accounting principles are changed, new corrected reports shall be submitted electronically to Eesti Pank.
(5) In case there are no data available for a particular report, a blank report shall be submitted.
§ 7. Use of classifications, codes and international standards
(1) Currencies are specified according to the currency codes table of the international standard ISO 4217; the codes are written in capital letters.
(2) Countries are defined by the two-letter country codes of the international standard ISO 3166; the codes are written in capital letters.
§ 8. Enforcement and application of the Decree
This Decree shall take effect on 1 March 2017 and shall apply to the compilation and submission of reports for reporting periods starting on 1 March 2017.
Appendix 1 REPORT ON THE FUND’S INVESTMENTS
Appendix 2 REPORT ON THE FUND’S LIABILITIES, FEES AND DISTRIBUTIONS
Appendix 3 REPORT ON THE FUND’S SHARES OR UNITS