Establishment of reports on operational risk of credit institutions and consolidation groups of credit institutions
Passed 02.01.2014 Annex 2
RT I, 07.01.2014, 10
Entry into force 10.01.2014
This Decree is established on the basis of subsection 91 (1) of the Credit Institutions Act.
This Decree establishes the requirements for the content and form of reports on operational risk, and the due dates and procedure for submission of the reports to the Financial Supervision Authority for the purposes of the supervisory review and evaluation process.
(2) Credit institutions shall prepare and submit the reports specified in section 3 of the Decree only on a consolidated basis. Credit institutions that do not serve as parent companies or as subsidiaries of a financial holding company or a mixed financial holding company that serves as a parent company in Estonia, shall prepare and submit the reports specified in section 3 of the Decree only on a solo basis.
A credit institution shall prepare the following reports:
1) “Report on operational risk loss events and incidents" in accordance with Appendix 1;
2) "Report on key indicators of operational risk" in accordance with Appendix 2;
3) "Report on legal actions" in accordance with Appendix 3.
(3) The sums fixed in foreign currencies shall be converted into euros at the official daily exchange rate of the European Central Bank as on the last banking day of the reporting period, unless otherwise provided for in this Decree.
(1) The reports shall be submitted electronically, formatted as XML (Extensible Markup Language) documents in accordance with Eesti Pank Governor's Decree No 9 of 9 December 2011, "Requirements for submission of reports formatted as XML documents".
Appendix 1 Report on operational risk loss events and incidents
Appendix 2 Report on key indicators of operational risk
Appendix 3 Report on legal actions