Payment services and cash circulation and the requirements for continuous operation
Passed 08.03.2013 Annex 4
RT I, 12.03.2013, 1
Entry into force 15.03.2013
|Passed||Published||Entry into force|
|10.03.2017||RT I, 15.03.2017, 1||18.03.2017|
This Decree is established on the basis of clauses 35 4) and 5) of the Emergency Act.
The decree shall be applied to all institutions listed in section 2 of Eesti Pank Governor’s Decree No 4 of 28 February 2017 ‘List of credit institutions and branches of foreign credit institutions providing a vital service’ with regard to the provision of domestic payment services and management of cash circulation.
[RT I, 15.03.2017, 1 – entry into force 18.03.2017]
(1) In order to ensure continuous operation of the core information systems and equipment required for the functioning of a vital service, the provider of a vital service shall adhere to at least the following requirements:
1) a back-up power supply connection shall be available for the information systems used for provision of the vital service, equipped with an autonomous power supply system;
2) a back-up system shall be available for data communication between the information systems used for provision of the vital service and the provider of the communication service;
3) in case of critical activities, the allowed maximum duration of an interruption in the provision of payment services shall be 12 hours;
4) in case of critical activities, the allowed maximum duration of an interruption in cash circulation shall be 12 hours;
5) a continuous operation plan shall be prepared with the aim of restoring provision of a vital service in the extent of at least 70% of the average number of transactions;
(2) In case the information systems securing the functioning of a vital service are located in a foreign country, the continuous operation plan shall describe alternative means and measures for ensuring continuous operation of the vital service.